Wrexham's huge independence march is fast approaching, and this edition of the newsletter is dedicated to the arrangements for the Wrexham IndyFest weekend.
March for Independence
The march itself will set off promptly at 12pm on 2 June at Llwyn Isaf, Wrexham.
YesCymru, Indyfest Wrexham and AUOBCymru are encouraging attendees to meet from 10.30am and bring banners, drums and instruments.
This is the route of the march - it's about a mile long – long enough for us to see plenty of sights in Wrexham, but without being too long.
Independence rally following the march
Following the march there will be a rally with speakers and music, everything that happens on the stage will be visible on big screens.
Already confirmed are
- Dafydd Iwan
- Evrah Rose, poet and campaigner
- Pol Wong, Indy Fest Wrecsam
- Tudur Owen, comedian and broadcaster
- Carrie Harper, Wrexham County Councillor
- Myrddin ap Dafydd, Archdruid
- Dylan Lewis Rowlands, Labour for Indy Wales
- Roopa Vyas, #HerGameToo Ambassador
- Dewi 'Pws' Morris, Singer, poet, actor
- Dylan Rhys Jones, author and lecturer
- Band Cambria
More names will be released in the run-up to the day.
An "Indy Market" is being organised to coincide with the march, over 20 stalls will offer local food, drink and produce, including merchandise to promote independence. The market will be in Queen's Square, Wrexham, from 9.30am until 4pm on Saturday 2 July.
Wrexham can be reached fairly conveniently using trains and buses - Wrexham Central train station is within a stone's throw of Llwyn Isaf, and Wrexham central bus station is also within a 2 minute of walk.
Some YesCymru groups also organised buses, you can get the details and book a seat on the YesCymru shop.
There are plenty of public car parks around Wrexham, but as a large number of cars are expected - so it’ll be first come first served in these carparks.
Here is a map showing car parks.
These campsites are local to Wrexham -
- The Plassey Eyton, LL13 0SP - Dogs Allowed
- New Farm Caergwrle, LL12 9EE - Dogs allowed - adults only
- Emral Gardens Bangor-On-Dee, LL13 0BG - Dogs allowed - Adults only
- Trench Farms, Penley, LL13 0NA - Dogs Allowed
- James Caravan Park Ruabon, LL14 6DW - Dogs Allowed (if you book here you can be pitched together with other march attendees by informing them that you know Phyl Griffiths *this is not a secret code*)
- Wild Cherry Camping, Chirk, LL14 5BG - Dogs Allowed
- Lake Rhys Llandegla, LL11 3AF - Dogs Allowed
Goods from the YesCymru shop
Don't forget that the YesCymru shop will sell all the merchandise needed for a successful march.
Order by 12pm on Wednesday 29/06 to get your merchandies in time for the march.
There will be also be a YesCymru stand in Wrexham for the march, and you can stock your cupboards with all sorts of YesCymru goods ready for the rest of the year!