I put my name forward to become a Director of Yes Cymru because I believe my background and experience will assist the movement in taking the next steps in building a strong robust structure that will help us achieve our goal of Independence for Wales.
I am currently the Director of Services of an organization that has grown over the last few years from 6 staff members to 20 and with an income of over £ 1/2 million pounds. With my experience of policy development, financial management, staff structures, communication mechanisms I believe this will add benefit to the new YES Cymru's National Governing Body.
The attributes I will bring to YES Cymru's National Governing Body
As the Director of Services with the Conwy and Denbighshire Mental Health Advocacy Service charity, I have extensive experience of working with public and third sector organizations. I'm a highly organized and efficient person with a proven track record of providing strategic leadership, allocating resources in service delivery, implementing good governance, and the ability to lead an organization through a transitional period, the ability to inspire a team to achieve their organisation's vision, a rigorous and accurate approach to projects that have achieved excellent results.
As the Director of Services with CADMHAS I am responsible for:
- Ensure the recruitment and retention of the required numbers and types of staff who are well motivated, trained and developed to ensure the organization fulfills its mission and objectives
- Manage and secure key performance indicators for seven advocacy contracts across Conwy, Denbighshire and Powys with a total value of £ 502,000 per annum.
- Prepare a three-year business plan and monitor progress against these plans to ensure the Company is achieving its objectives as cost-effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Develop and carry out research and development programs to ensure that CADMHAS continues to be at the forefront of advocacy services.
- Providing strategic advice and guidance to the Chair of CADMHAS and Board members
- Establish and maintain effective formal and informal links with relevant statutory departments and agencies, local authorities, key decision makers and other stakeholders generally
- Prepare, obtain Board agreement, and monitor implementation of annual budget to ensure budget targets are met. Negotiate with funding bodies, prepare financial bids, tender for contracts, negotiate service level agreements etc. for consideration by the Board.
In addition to the above as Director of Services I act as Company Secretary and ensure that all the requirements of CADMHAS as a charitable company limited by guarantee are fulfilled
Political Affiliation: Plaid Cymru member